1. Patternsfrom Agency is created for promoting Finland-based textile and surface designers in global markets. The concept is created by Patternsfrom Agency Ltd, which has curated both the designers and the patterns promoted via patternsfrom.fi -site.
Patternsfrom Agency sells both single patterns as well as coordination services for bigger collections. Designs and patterns visible on the site are protected by general copyright and intellectual property laws. The rights of all the patterns belong to the original designers until a customer has made a money transaction for a particular pattern.
2. All information provided by customers to patternsfrom.fi is strictly confidential and will not be passed on to a third party. We kindly ask our customers to provide only true and correct data.
3. It is possible to purchase the rights to use a pattern on global exclusive, semi-exclusive, or limited exclusive terms. Reselling, sub-licensing or passing the pattern on to a third party is strictly prohibited. In the case of purchasing the global exclusive rights to a pattern, the customer will become the one and only customer in the universe to be able to use that pattern during the term of four years, however, additional years are negotiable.
In the case of purchasing rights with semi-exclusive terms, either the market or product category will be exclusive for three years with additional years by negotiation. With limited exclusive terms, the customer will have rights to use the pattern in one defined market and one product category during the term of two years with additional years by negotiation. The same pattern may pop up in different markets or in different product groups as well. Currently, we limit the rights to the artwork, so the customer may not use the brand Patternsfrom Agency.
4. Purchase process is following: the customer clicks on the ”I want this” -button next to the pattern he wants to buy or has an inquiry for. The customer fills in the true and correct contact information and sends the message to us. We will send back detailed terms of the options (global exclusive/semi-exclusive/limited exclusive).
If the customer is happy with the terms, we finalize the agreement with either global exclusive, semi-exclusive or limited exclusive terms. We sign a written contract before each purchase transaction. As the payment is registered, we will send the original pattern repeat, a pdf-file as a default. Along with the repeat the customer receives information about the pattern and the designer, which can be used freely when marketing the final product with the pattern.
5. The patterns are divided into four price categories. A, B, C and D, according to the number of layers/motives/colors/etc. Prices are given in Euros with VAT 0%. VAT will be added to customer’s invoice if so required by Finnish tax laws.
6. Invoices are to be paid via a traditional bank transfer in the given amount. Additional fees arising with the payment method are to be paid by the customer.
7. The patterns sold with global exclusive terms will be removed from patternsfrom.fi -site so that no other party may purchase them during the term of agreement. The patterns sold with semi- or limited xclusive terms remain on the site, and they are marked accordingly.
Those pattern may be used by several customers, but for a different markets and/or product categories. Due to the nature of the business, the purchased patterns can not be returned by the customer nor refunded by Patternsfrom Agency.
8. All patterns in the site patternsfrom.fi are watermarked. The designers of patternsfrom.fi guarantee that the patterns are original and they have all rights of the patterns.
9. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us. We are there to help you.